56th Annual Conference Rundown
Here’s the short version of what you’ll need to make the most out of this year’s show, a MUST READ rundown on what’s happening. We’ll highlight some key points and provide tips to make your visit to the River Rock Casino Resort a great experience.
WCTA 56th Annual Conference & Trade Show
River Rock Casino Resort, Richmond, BC
Feb 20-22, 2019
#1 – Pre-Conference Seminar Day Wednesday, February 20th
We’re not bluffing with four separate pre-conference seminars kicking off the program all taking place 12:30pm – 4:30pm at the River Rock:
• Partnering with the BCGSA, ‘For All Managers’ features Kaylee Hansen of KayH Consulting. Kaylee will fine tune your managerial skills with ‘Power of Choice – 7 Habits of Highly Effective People’ & ‘Time Management – How to do it and Make it Stick!’
• ‘For All Turf Managers’ is a turf technical talk presented by Jerad Minnick of Natural Grass Advisory Group called ‘Grass Can Take More’.
• So you can earn CEC points and still take in all the regular program talks, Mario Lanthier from CropHealth Advising & Research presents a 4 point workshop, credit applications for BC and Alberta are in progress.
• Back by popular demand, ‘Intro Turf Management’ will be presented by a couple of top turf teachers, Jason Pick of Olds College and Stan Kazymerchyk of Kwantlen University. Perfect for front line staff needing some turf basics or anyone else within your operation that could use a little better turf understanding (golf pros, GM’s, greens committee chairs welcome!).
Catch up with friends and colleagues at the first of our social events, the annual President’s Reception, starting at 7:00pm in the River Rock Show Theatre Upper Foyer, just up the stairs from our registration desk. Full package delegates and exhibitors will find tickets in their packages.
#2 – Education, Trade Show and Hockey Game Thursday, Feb 21st
TSN Golf Analyst, Bob Weeks, opens our show at 8:30am followed by two more don’t miss plenary sessions. Four education tracks follow the lunch AGM with the trade show running 3:00pm to 6:30pm.
The Dave Creamer Memorial Hockey Game puck drops at 8:00pm, bus leaves front of the River Rock at 7:30pm returning at 11:00pm, one round-trip only. Full package delegates who didn’t opt out will find a ticket with their credentials.
#3 – Education and Trade Show Friday, Feb 22nd
Multiple education tracks go at 8:30am including one for Equipment Technician’s so don’t forget to bring your mechanic! Lunch takes place in the trade show from 11:30am – 1:00pm followed by the afternoon education session. We’ll end with Steve Keating’s (Toro Company) closing keynote talk, introduce your new Board of Directors and give away some slick prizes.
Wait, There’s More!
• Be sure to peruse this year’s Silent Auction on Thursday from 3:00pm to 6:30pm and Friday 11:30am to 1:30pm. Bid winners make sure you come back after 1:30pm on Friday to claim your item as they won’t be shipped.
• Please sign the CEC sheets as they go around if you want to collect points.
• Enjoy the River Rock Casino Resort after the show, our special room rates are extended three days post-event.