Annual General Meeting Minutes 2012
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
49th Annual WCTA Conference & Trade Show
Victoria Conference Centre, Victoria, BC
Crystal Ballroom - 4:30 PM Sunday, January 22, 2012
1. Call to order • President Mitchell called the meeting to order at 4:35 pm.
• Qurom A quorum of 48 was present.
• Necrology Report A moment of silence was observed for WCTA member: Dave Holmberg Jr., Bobcat Country
• M/S/C R. Tromp/A. Hood approval of AGM agenda
• M/S/C F. Verkerk/B. Lamontagne that the minutes of the AGM, Tuesday, March 8, 2011 be adopted as printed (April/May 2011 Turf Line News).
3. PRESIDENT'S REPORT by Scott Mitchell, given orally as printed in AGM Meeting Package (CLICK HERE for report)
4. FINANCIAL REPORT
2011 Fiscal Year End (Sept 30, 2011)
a) Balance in bank accounts
• General operating: $20,609.93
• Research $68,185.33
• Turf Industry Development Fund: $1.00
• Term Deposits (total value $62,787.72)
• T-Bills: $2,100
• Research: $25,582.72 ($10,297 to be held until 2015 for recovered US Bank Draft)
• Contingency: $35,105
b) M/S/C C. Hewlett/G. Austin that September 30, 2011 year end Statement of Revenues and Expenditures be adopted as reviewed by Evancic Perrault Robertson, Certified General Accountants, and circulated at the AGM.
c) M/S/C K. Rosario/J. Colyn that Evancic Perrault Robertson, Certified General Accountants, be appointed to review WCTA financial statements for fiscal year ending September 30, 2012.
5. RESEARCH REPORT: Given orally (CLICK HERE for report)
6. COMMITTEE (PORTFOLIO) REPORTS as printed in AGM Meeting Package (CLICK HERE for all reports)
7. NEW BUSINESS
• Proposed by-law amendment
ARTICLE 2 DIRECTORS, OFFICERS and DUTIES (A)
(a) The management of the association shall be vested in a Board of Directors, consisting of 11 duly elected directors: two of whom shall be elected officers of the association, i.e. the President, the Vice President; plus the Past President
NEW: The management of the association shall be vested in a Board of Directors consisting of 11 duly elected directors. The ‘Executive’ consists of the President and Vice President each serving two year terms; plus the Past President.
M/S/C L. Olson/A. Hood
After a call to vote the proposed by-law amendment was OPPOSED.
8. NOMINATING COMMITTEE REPORT / ELECTION OF OFFICERS – Dave Duncan
President: Tab Buckner (Township of Langley)
Vice President: Keith Lyall (Sun Peaks Resort)
Directors to be elected (2 years):
Jeff Bennett (Okanagan GC)
Larry Olson (Penticton G&CC)
Trevor Smith (Keso Turf Supplies)
Peter Sorokovsky (City of Burnaby Golf Courses)
Dr. Brian Holl (Lamorna Enterprises)
Directors with 1 year remaining:
Brett Finlayson (Arbutus Ridge Golf Course)
Brett Lamontagne (Mid-Island Landscape Consulting)
Jason Pick (Olds College)
Mike Schellenberg (Calgary School Board)
Past President: Scott Mitchell (Target Products)
9. PRESIDENT ELECT REMARKS
Tab Buckner expressed his honor at accepting the role of President of the WCTA; thanks to his fellow board members for their dedication and hard work over the past year; and thanks and appreciation to the WCTA members for attending the AGM
10. ADJOURNMENT 6:00 pm G. Broome / M. Schellenberg