New Requirements for Metro Vancouver’s Non-Road Diesel Emissions Bylaw
New requirements under Metro Vancouver’s Non-Road Diesel Emissions Bylaw 1329 are now in effect. Please distribute this information to your membership as these changes impact non-road diesel engine equipment operating in the Metro Vancouver region.
Metro Vancouver’s updated Non-Road Diesel Emission Regulation Bylaw 1329 was adopted in October 2021. Some of the important changes that may impact your non-road diesel fleet are highlighted below.
Tier 2, 3, and 4 Registration:
You can now enter your Tier 2, 3, and 4 non-road diesel engines through Metro Vancouver’s Online Registration System.
Registration, operating periods, and machine labels are required for:
• Tier 2 engines starting January 1, 2023;
• Tier 3 engines starting January 1, 2024; and
• Tier 4 engines starting January 1, 2029.
Previously unregistered (prohibited) Tier 0 and Tier 1 engines are eligible for registration as of January 1, 2023. These engines will be able to operate within Metro Vancouver with an additional 300% operating period fee surcharge.
What do you need to do?
• Register your non-road diesel engine(s) now and machine labels will be mailed to you.
• Purchase operating periods for any applicable non-road diesel engines when operating within Metro Vancouver.
• Access the Non Road Diesel Engine Online Registration System
• View the full list of changes to the Bylaw
• Read the Bylaw Summary Card
Non-Road Diesel Team
Environmental Regulation and Enforcement
Parks and Environment
Non-Road Diesel Engine Regulatory Program