Make Your Application for 2022 Student Awards - Deadline Feb 17
release - February 3, 2022
The Western Canada Turfgrass Association is offering MONETARY AWARDS to students enrolled in an accredited Turfgrass Management Program or equivalent. You could be awarded up to $500.00 for an outstanding application.
Fine print: award amounts will be based on number and quality of applications.
Complete applications must be submitted in electronic format to WCTA Executive Director by February 17, 2022 (here's a hint, include your last name on all filenames).
We understand the application deadline is only a couple weeks away and that usually our call for applications is made in early January however this year’s conference cancellation and the process leading up to it has created a ton of extra workload that is causing delays in other areas.
At any rate, we are confident that two weeks is enough time for serious students to put together and submit the following information:
• Name of school and accredited program currently attending
• Your grade point average in the program
• List of employers, work experience and start/finish dates worked in the Turfgrass Industry
• Reference letter from current or past employer
• List of other awards or scholarships received in the last two years
• Confirmation from faculty advisor of your enrolment in the program with the faculty advisors name and contact information
• A letter stating your professional and personal goals after graduation within the Turfgrass Industry and why we should present you with an Award to continue your studies
• Preference will be given to members of the WCTA, their spouses or their children.
• Awards are provided at the discretion of the Western Canada Turfgrass Association Board of Directors. Award decisions are final.
• Announcements will take place in early March and/or at the Patrick Dooley Memorial Golf Tournament if it’s a go this April (typically held end April at the Mayfair Lakes Golf Course in Richmond, BC).
Please submit to:
WCTA Awards Committee Chair, Peter Sorokovsky
c/o Western Canada Turfgrass Association
Email address: WCTA Executive Director